2011 was an awesome ride. Like any good roller coaster, there were some amazing highs and some crazy lows, and lots of drama in between. All in all, I think it was one of the best years of my life to date, because of all the growth and change I went through. I’ve learned a ton about myself and what I need, and that just means that 2012 will be an even greater year as I build on that knowledge!
What I Did
- Upgraded to my own domain (you’re looking at it!) + “came out” online as my true self. Hi, everyone!
- Completed NaNoWriMo! (probably my favourite accomplishment this year!)
- Attended TEDxMcGill 2011
- Started writing for a great online magazine
- Moved into my own adorable apartment
- Spent the summer in Montreal, working at the cutest place in the world
- Made countless delicious desserts and meals
- Got a post published on FoodGawker (exciting for me!)
- Hosted friends & family at my apartment throughout the year
Where I Went
- Ottawa twice: once for Winterlude, and once for Canada Day.
- Quebec City for a romantic weekend away
- Cancun, Mexico for a fabulous week in the sun with my family!
- Los Angeles, CA for a week of surfing, eating, and exploration.
- And of course, back and forth between my beautiful Montreal and Toronto to visit family & friends.
By the Numbers
- Books read: 50
- Blog posts: 77
- Articles published: 14
- Novels written: 1
- Photos taken: 5, 391 in 167 events (according to iPhoto)
In 2012, I want to read more books, take
more better photos, and travel as much as possible. Stay tuned for a concrete list of New Years goals & a round-up of my 2011 NYR! (Spoiler alert: I didn’t get as many done as I’d hoped, but I’m still pretty thrilled.)
What are your favourite 2011 memories? I’d love to hear them.